Saturday, July 7, 2007

The One With The Intro

So I've decided to complete my fall into internet stupidity by creating a blog. I say complete because I recently joined MySpace and Facebook which still has me shaking my head. And of course I'm a dotcom celebrity ya know. That's right, I said celebrity. What? Shutup. No you're an idiot. Leave me alone.

But alas, I have a point for this blog. I'm moving to New York City on July 25th. I figure it'll be cool to keep some sort of record of my experience leading up to the move, and my experiences in the city, at least for the first year. This way, when I'm old and have nothing left to do, I can go back and read it all and smile at how I actually did stuff with my life. Least that's how I justify it to myself. I guess the whole thing might make a good short film or something when I look back on it in all encompassing fashion as well.

So yeah, basically I plan to put things related to my New York experience in this blog, as well as whatever other random stuff I want to discuss or rant about.

For today, I just want to briefly mention that my current hope is that I end up in Manhattan, specifically in Midtown, the Village, or Downtown. I figure part of the experience is being in Manhattan and not one of the other buroughs, but I have roommates to think about so we'll see what happens.

A few topics I plan to rant about in the coming days are: my goals for my first year in New York, my thoughts on living with roommates again before I actually start, the apartment search process, thoughts on potential neighborhoods, my predictions on what my frame of mind will be a year from now, what I expect New York to be like, and my overall closing thoughts on my year in Los Angeles. I'm sure I'll think of other things as well.

That is all for now.

No comments: